Monday, August 22, 2011

Times Are Changing

I have so many pictures to blog of our trip to the beach and our trip to Long's, not to mention all the parties we had before we moved, I am so far behind!!  I do have plans to get all caught up soon.  The kids are starting school this Thursday!  I think we all have so many feelings going around about this.  Tana is excited, yet really misses all her Ohio friends, and I am right there in that category with her.  I could not imagine what she must be thinking to be starting high school with just a few new friends under her belt.  She is taking it all with such an amazing attitude though, she is so positive and uplifting.  Nothing will bring her down because God lifts her right back up!  Casey has tons of friends due to football starting as soon as we moved.  We even went to a team pool party this past weekend to meet all the parents.  We all had a good time and met lots of nice families.  Casey is one who does not show much emotion anyway, so I am not sure how he is feeling.  I wish he would talk to me more, but boys are just so different than girls.  I can only pray he nor Tana shut me out as they enter this new adventure with public school.  I hope they always remember how much Tony and I love them, and would do anything for them. 
Kyle and Thomas still show plenty of emotion, quite loudly at times, and said that they would rather homeschool.  It makes me sad to send them to school, but they need to meet more friends.  The neighborhood has tons, but they have not found that one buddy that they are asking to play with as soon as they wake up yet.......like Charlie.  Thomas and Charlie were inseperable, and Kyle loved playing with them too.  Boy do we still miss Ohio!  However, I am opening up more to our new home.  Still weird to even think this is home??  As long as my kids are happy....I am happy.  We now move from a very flexible school schedule that was our own, to someone else telling us what to do, I hope that Momma bear can deal with that ok.  I hope we all can.  We shall see how this new journey of public school goes........

No comments:

Post a Comment